Want to provide a fun and unique experience for your guests in 2023?
Hire Silent makes it easy and affordable to hire quality silent disco party equipment, including providing up to 100 pro headphones. We’ll explore various tips for hiring the right equipment further in this article, but first, why hold a silent disco in the first place?
A short history of this type of party.
Unsurprisingly, the idea of the silent disco originally developed in the ‘disco decade’: the 1970s. However, it wasn’t until the 1990s that it exploded in popularity. As technology has improved, this type of event has only become more popular all over the world, including in the UK.
The world’s biggest silent disco took place in 2019 at Lowlands festival in the Netherlands, with 30,000 headphones involved! This equipment is useful at music festivals since it allows the dancing to continue past noise curfews.
A unique and innovative way to enjoy music and a dance with disturbing others, a silent disco involves wearing headphones to allow you to choose the music you want played. Headphones should have multiple channels, so participants can choose between different genres or DJs, and adjust the volume to their liking.
The various benefits of having a silent disco.
If your celebration is taking place in a noise-sensitive area, like a residential area or park, you won’t be disturbing anyone. For instance, in the 1990s eco-activists often used headphones at outdoor parties to avoid noise pollution.
A silent disco also allows for a more intimate and personalised listening experience, since every person can choose their own music and control the volume.
From parks and beaches to museums and art galleries, our silent disco party equipment can be used in all kinds of exciting venues.
Hire Silent is brilliant for providing original and creative event experiences. Because there’s no need for traditional speakers, a silent disco can be held in venues that might otherwise be prohibited due to noise regulations.
For instance, in May 2002 artist Meg Duguid hosted a silent dance party at the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago.She created an outdoor club installation complete with velvet ropes and glow rope in which a DJ spun a transmission to wireless headsets.
Here are seven tips for hiring silent disco party equipment for your event:
- Make sure the equipment is of the highest quality. Any old headphones won’t do for this type of event. Otherwise the music and the level of noise pollution won’t be enjoyable for participants.
- Hire earphones which are comfortable to wear. Otherwise, dancing won’t be as enjoyable.
- Check that the hire company meets your particular budget. We offer various different packages to suit a range of budgets.
- Ensure that the silent disco equipment offers ease of use. Our headphones come complete with a full set up guide.
- Ask what the battery life of the headphones is. Our headphones will keep party guests partying all night long.
- Choose a transmitter that can handle multiple channels. This will enable you to offer different music options for your guests. Make sure the transmitter has a good range and can cover the area where the event is being held.
- Check to ensure equipment is compatible with the audio source you want to use. Whether it’s a DJ mixer or a smartphone.
If you’re looking to hire silent disco party equipment, don’t hesitate to get in touch for more information.